Lubriderm Sensitive Moisturizing Lotion
- I've tried everything mentionable. Nothing had the effect like the inexpensive bottle of Lubriderm. Great stuff! Stops itching too.
- —Guest Rae
- I did not feel much difference until I took liquid fish oil. Get top quality brands like Nordic Naturals or Carlson. They taste fine.
- —Guest HT
Dry, Cracked Heels
- I experienced cracked heels for the first time last summer. It did not help at all to exfoliate. What I did was use castor oil, yes, the stuff that people used to drink to be "regular." Well, it's the best moisturizer and it heals. I put it on every night, put on socks, then went to bed. I also put it on in the morning for a while before I went to work. It only took about a week and they were back to normal!
- —Guest Pat
- I bought a product fron O'Keefes called Healthy Feet and it has worked wonders on the cracked, split bottoms of my feet.
- —Guest Linda
- I take lots of fish oil as an anti-inflammatory so that likely has a positive effect on my skin that wasn't intended. I also find coconut oil to be wonderful, but the best moisturizer EVER has been squalane. It moisturizes beautifully and is absorbed by the skin in a few minutes without leaving any greasiness. I get the unscented kind.
- —Guest Anna
Elemis Skin Nourishing Milk and Lotion
- I work for the brand and have Grave's Disease (Hyperthyroidism)-- Milk having lactic acid (in this case goat's milk) and all eats up the dry itchy skin - whilst the nourishing lotion soothes and moisturizes --- keep the lotion in the fridge and add on cold if you are feeling hot, and need moisturizing relief!
- —Guest Guest Paula
Itchy Dry Skin Relief
- Safflower oil is a miracle product used not only for cooking, but works great on dry itchy skin. It's best to apply it right after you shower. It helped my skin tremendously.
- —Guest Aldys M.
Tarocco Nourishing Moisturizer
- I'm very sensitive to scents in lotions, most help to dry me out further and doesn't help my alergies either. A sample of Tarocco Nourishing Moisturizer at a hotel I stayed at in Palm Springs worked wonders. It is olive oil and blood red oranges, smells wonderful and is expensive but well worth it.
- —Guest Lonniew
dry skin relief
- I have fair, dry and extremely sensitive skin. I have tried hundreds of products over the years. The one that works best is Avon's Moisture Therapy. It may not be natural but it works better than anything else. I use Clinique products on my face.
- —Guest Vicki
My Own Formula
- A friend recently gave me a recipe for a homemade lotion and I like it pretty well. It is: 1 jar of Vitamin E cream, found at the discount store, approximately 5 oz. petroleum jelly, 2 bottles of baby lotion or non-alcohol-containing lotion. Put all contents in a large bowl and mix with a handmixer until light and fluffy. I also added a few drops of tea tree oil as a natural disinfectant to combat eczema. I still use Eucerin Plus lotion, and I also like Vaseline's Clinical Therapy lotion, but sometimes I need to have a little extra moisture and this lotion is light and non-greasy, and my skin stays soft all day and night.
- I love DHC products! I use the Olive Oil Wash also.
- —Guest Jean
- Taking oil of evening primrose tablets every night really helps both my skin and my hair. I drink a lot of water and use Eucerin lotion or Amlactin lotion, I have to be very consistent and use daily after my shower when skin is still moist. I use Sensitive Skin facial lotion by Oil of Olay for my face and Dove soap in the shower. It is a struggle to keep soft skin.
- —Guest Michele
Olive Oil and Coconut Oil
- I use olive oil and coconut oil - I struggle with weight with hypothryoidism, and some believe the fats in lotions absorb inside you. I just use food grade olive oil and coconut oil and I'm nice and smooth. :)
Shikai All Natural Hand and Body Lotion
- I use the Shikai All Natural Hand and Body Lotion and it is wonderful! Very rich, very healing. From one day to the next much of my dry skin has healed. I put it on around the clock as soon as it has gotten washed off. My favorite scent is gardenia, but there are many others.
- —Guest G. L.
Origins Reinventing the Heel
- I struggled with dry patches on my arms and legs and badly cracked heels -- nothing worked until I found Origins product called "Reinventing the Heel." It cleared up my painfully cracked heels in no time, and I use it on my arms as well. It's expensive unfortunately. But a little goes a long way.
- —Guest Bethany