- Just went to doctor to get results. They are using 0.4-4 scale and my level was 240!!!
- —Guest candice
- I wonder what is a normal level for blood test for an underactive thyroid.
- —Guest m yorke
- What I was hoping to get out of reading many responses was a sense of how many (581- really??) of those affected one way or another were tested, and what their results were. Instead, I find that I'm reading many of the SAME responses again and again!
- —Guest Zoltan Roman
TSH Too Low
- I am a 31 year old male with Down Syndrome. I have a TSH level of .07 I am 5'4" tall and weigh 91 pounds. The lab here in Toronto uses a range of .4-4.0 I have also a normal basal temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit that is related to my thyroid. I swim and run and consume 3-4500 calories per day. My mum and dad have found that I have less illnesses when the thyroid levels are abnormal (I have been like this all my life). I wonder what is an acceptable "normal" range? Alex Masaye
TSH range and my 71.50 results
- My doctor goes by a TSH normal range of 0.28 - 4.10. My results yesterday were 71.50 with a T4 Free result of 0.48. I wonder what my I should expect now with a normal range of 0.61 - 1.64 that my doctor plans on following.
- My TSH Level is 8.2. I have no symptoms. I wonder what kind of diagnosis they will give me.
- —Guest nimisha
- My thyroid fluctuated month to month for years. I was on compounded and Synthroid at different times, come to find out my T-3 was low. So now I am on just T-3 and T-4, finally my nails and hair are doing well, and I'm not bloating.
- —Guest marcie
TSH normal range
- SRL Lab of India quotes normal TSH range 0.35-5.50
- —Guest Shraddha Dafria
- Got a call from the doctor. They say my T4 is 1.2. I don't know whether this is good or bad.
- —Guest cc
- someone help me my ths level is at 77 no not .77 u read it right my level is 77 and im scared
- —Guest jackie tatum
- I have just been tested my result came back TSH 3.378. I don't know if this is good or bad or if I should start medication.
- —Guest Cahill
TSH-T4 Range - Mayo Clinic 02/20/2012
- TSH Range was 0.3-5.0 mIU/L and T4 Free range was 0.6 - 1.6 ng/dL. I really thought Mayo Clinic (Jacksonville) would be up with the times but they WERE NOT AT ALL. The endocrinologist I saw was only interested in diagnosing complete and utter failure (either too high or too low) using outdated ranges. He also was dismissive of the evidence I brought with me of the studies showing that T3 therapy could be beneficial for me. Don't buy into their image of being on the cutting edge of medicine because it's not true. The neurologist was also horrible.
- —Guest Iconoclast
- Had my thyroid removed. Pathology found cancer. That part is okay, but now I can't get hormones regulated. 8 months after surgery I am experiencing serious hypo symptoms with TSH of .11! I was on 200 mcg of Synthroid. Now I have spent the last six weeks on 1.5 gr desiccated thyroid and my TSH is 19.0! Major hypo symptoms. Raising medications to 2.0 grains.
- —Guest Sherri
We'll see what happens...
- Lab had the old 0.5-5.0 range; I tested 4.2 earlier in the year. I've had notable hypothyroid symptoms, but treating them feels like a game of Whac-A-Mole. I expect to go back in soon and get the whole panel done.
- —Guest Lazy Bones
- IHi, i'm 53. I don't know what it means but, my doctor said my thyroid is169.
- —Guest DeBee