The Bottom Line
- Provides guidelines on performing "electronic feng shui" on house/ workplace to minimize exposures
- Includes dietary and nutritional support to bolster the body's defense against electronic pollution
- Features extensive list of references and resources on electronic pollution
- May make you understandably concerned about your laptop and cellphone
- We are constantly being exposed to EMFs—invisible lines of force that surround all electrical devices.
- Our exposure to electronic pollution is 100 million times greater than what our grandparents faced.
- Radiation from cell phones is only one of many sources of EMFS and electronic pollution.
- Wireless wi-fi internet, smart phones, laptops, electronic games, and cordless devices all add to electronic pollution.
Guide Review - Zapped: Why Your Cell Phone Shouldn’t Be Your Alarm Clock
Dr. Gittleman then provides practical room-by-room guidelines for minimizing exposure. Recognizing that some exposure can not be avoided, the book also provides strategies -- including nutritional and lifestyle approaches -- that may help physically shield us against the negative health effects of electronic pollution and EMFs.
Environmental exposures -- including radiation, pesticides and various toxic chemicals -- can impair thyroid function, and cause chronic stress that lowers the immune system, and makes endocrine and hormone health difficult, if not impossible. In Zapped, Dr. Gittleman has identified an important new environmental hazard on the scene, and delivers valuable information on how to protect ourselves against exposure to and the health dangers of electronic pollution.