Aberdeen, MD Well Closed After Thyroid-Damaging Chemical Found |
June 2002 --
Aberdeen, MD has closed one of its drinking water wells after the chemical perchlorate -- which can damage the thyroid -- was found. Read the Baltimore Sun story now.
For More About.com Coverage on Perchlorate...
- Perchlorate in Your Water -- How Little is Little Enough?
- Thyroid Toxin Endangers Water for Millions in Calif. & US
- Chemical in Drinking Water May Create Thyroid Problems
- Perchlorate Found in U.S. Fertilizers: Chemical Acts as Antithyroid Agent
- Thyroid Perils of Our Water & Food