Symptoms for those with hypothyroidism include:
- General muscular weakness and pain, including cramps, and stiffness
- General joint pain, achiness, stiffness, known as "arthropathy"
- Tendonitis in the arms and legs
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome-- similar to carpal tunnel, with pain, tingling,burning and other discomfort in the arch of your foot, the bottom of the foot, possibly extending into the toes.
- difficulty climbing stairs
- difficulty holding or gripping objects with hands
- difficult reaching arms above the head.
More detailed information on muscle and joint pain with thyroid disease and what to do if it won't go away is featured online.