- Thyroiditis is like arthritis of the thyroid and frequently the attacks occur at night. The symptoms include panic attacks, anxiety, heart palpitations, problems swallowing and frequently problems sleeping.
- Palpitations, a common complaint of thyroid patients, can be caused by nutritional deficiencies, particularly, vitamin D, calcium and magnesium.
- Dr. Langer treats patients who can't tolerate thyroid medication with an aqueous solution of thyroid medication. Starting with minute doses and increasing them slowly over time they can eventually tolerate the tablets.
- Dr. Langer believes there is no "magic solution" for weight loss, but has found that some patients respond well to a combination of T4/T3 instead of T4 alone.
- Blood tests should be done every 45 to 90 days while your doctor is getting you on the right dosage.
- If you still aren't getting better after treatment it is time to look at other possible problems, including adrenal imbalances and food allergies.
Dr. Langer is available for in-office and phone consultations regarding thyroiditis, hypothyroidism, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, orthomolecular medicine, optimal nutrition, metabolic medicine, and food allergies.
Dr. Stephen Langer
3031 Telegraph Avenue, Suite 230
Berkley, CA 94705
Phone - 510-548-7384