Doctor Bauman's philosophy focuses on the belief that a healthy lifestyle is a major key to both maintaining health and responding effectively to illness that occurs from the buildup of stress, toxins, trauma and malnutrition. According to Doctor Bauman, "I'm a nutritionist, but I'm also a metabolic detective. I'm looking for substances that alter thyroid function by either damaging the gland, or altering enzyme conversion."
Key points Dr. Bauman makes are...
- Avoid Aspartame, which may contribute to hyperthyroidism.
- Detoxify mercury and metals, specifically dental mercury.
- Stabilize adrenal function, especially people with allergies and stress
- Use Hormone-Free Meats
- Avoid Iodized salt. Replace it with Celtic salt, Japanese salt, or a good quality sea salt.
- Add seaweeds, chlorella and algaes to your diet.
- Increase your consumption of coconut, whether the nut meat, oil, or milk.
- Eat more fish and flax seeds to increase fatty acids.
- Consider food's effects on antibody levels, and be very aware of potential food sensitivities that can disrupt the endocrine system.