JOIN THE 4 WEEKS TO WEIGHT LOSS FOR THYROID PATIENTS FREE ECOURSE
Is your thyroid making you fat? Why is it so hard for people with an underactive thyroid to lose weight? When you're hypothyroid, the slowed metabolism and changes to your endocrine system can make losing weight seem like a losing proposition. But have hope! Sign up for my ecourse, 4 Weeks to Weight Loss for Thyroid Patients, for just the jumpstart you need to understand what it takes for thyroid patients to successfully lose weight and feel great. Get started on your thyroid diet.
My 2012 book, The Thyroid Diet Revolution, outlines practical ways to cope with thyroid problems, balance hormones, raise metabolism, and ensure that thyroid problems don't get in the way of successful weight loss.
If there is only one article you read about thyroid disease and weight loss, it should be this one -- Long Term Weight Loss for Thyroid Patients: Hormonal Factors That Affect Diets An Interview with Kent Holtorf, MD. Dr. Holtorf has found discovered that while there are many factors involved in the inability to lose weight, almost all the overweight and obese patients he treats have demonstrable metabolic and endocrinological dysfunctions that contribute to weight challenges. In particular, Dr. Holtorf addresses the evaluation and correction of imbalances in two key hormones -- leptin and reverse T3 (rT3)-- to help thyroid patients lose weight. It's must reading for any thyroid patient who is struggling with weight issues.
PATIENT EXPERIENCE AND SUPPORT
- Seven Thyroid Diet Secrets
- Patients Share Their Thyroid Diet Success Stories
- HCG Diet for Thyroid Patients: Patients Share Their Experiences
- WeightWatchers Diet for Thyroid Patients: Patients Share Their Experiences
- The Atkins Diet for Thyroid Patients: Patients Share Their Experiences
- Thyroid Diet Support on Facebook
- Quiz: Is Your Thyroid Making You Fat?
- What You Need to Know About Hoodia: Desert Plant is Promising Appetite Suppressant and Weight Loss Supplement
- The Unique Role of Fiber in Weight Loss With Hypothyroidism: Is Fiber the Key to A Successful Diet?
- Do You Need to Increase Your Metabolism? How to Lose Weight by Boosting a Slow Metabolism
- The Cortisol-Weight Loss Controversy: Will CortiSlim Help You Lose Weight?
- Cinnamon: Help for Insulin Resistance and Weight Loss
- Mary Shomon Interviewed
- eDiets: Can It Help Thyroid Patients?
- Weight Loss Supplement Ideas for Thyroid Patients
- Grapefruit and Weight Loss
- Can Chocolate Help Carbo-Lovers Lose Weight?
- Weight Gain Follows Hyperthyroidism Treatment
- Exercise Regimen Can Improve Men's Thyroid Function
- Anti-Obesity Drug to Target Thyroid Hormone Receptors
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid for Weight Loss -- Scientific Info Updated
- Chia for Fatigue and Weight Loss
- The Ultimate Thyroid Patient Exercise Program -- Exercise to Help Hypothyroid Patients Get Fit and Lose Weight
- The Couch Potato Diet
- Green Tea Extract Increases Metabolism, May Aid in Weight Loss
- Updated Information on CLA -- From the manufacturer of the Tonalin formula of CLA
- Should You Get More Calcium to Lose Weight?
- How to Keep Exercising and Keep it Exciting! 17 Tips from Thyroid Patients
- Satietrol: Another Tool in the Thyroid Diet and Weight Loss Battle?
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) Supplements for Weight Loss -- Frequently Asked Questions
- Thyroid Diet Secrets: Are You Eating Enough Calories to Lose Weight?
- CLA Offers Hope for Weight Loss
- Losing Weight With Hypothyroidism
- Hypothyroidism and the Zone Way of Eating
The Thyroid Diet: Managing Your Metabolism for Lasting Weight Loss -- Note: This book has been written by About.com Thyroid Guide, Mary Shomon, and the link takes you off-site.
New York Times bestseller, featuring dietary advice and guidelines specifically for thyroid patients.
- Thyroid Power: Ten Steps to Total Health by Richard Shames, MD and Karilee Shames
- Diet Cure, by Julia Ross
- Solved: The Riddle of Illness, by Stephen Langer, M.D. and James Scheer
- The Zone, by Barry Sears, M.D.
- Protein Power, by Michael R. Eades, Mary Dan Eades
- Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution, by Robert C. Atkins
- Losing Weight by Finding Time -- How can you make changes in your diet when you have such a busy schedule and so many things to do? Find out why one hour a day is all it takes!
- Going Backward Towards Success With Healthier Living -- What do you do when you're making an effort to watch your diet or exercise, and you hit a wall. When you find yourself unable to move forward, go backward!
- Paying Attention for Healthier Living -- Are you finding yourself on automatic pilot, and not paying attention to routines and habits that affect your health? Discover these three ways to help make healthier choices.
- From Gym to Swim: How to Turn Indoor Exercises into a Water Workout -- So it's too hot to walk or run outside in the summer, you say? Do you want to enjoy your outdoor summer exercise without that sweaty, sticky feeling? Hop into the pool!
- 7 Days Of Transformation -- Can you transform yourself in just a week? Here's a 7-day program that can help you make lasting changes in your life.
- How to Break Out of a Weight Loss Plateau -- When you're on a diet, but you hit a point where for a few weeks you're simply not losing weight, you're at a plateau. Here are six ways to break through and keep losing!
Thyroid Diet and Weight Loss Support Forum
Ongoing support and discussion to help you lose weight with thyroid disease.
Thyroid Diet Forum
DRUGS AND SUPPLEMENTS
- Supplements for Dieters with Thyroid Disease
- Herbal Supplements With Ephedra/Ma Huang
WEIGHT LOSS SUPPORT GROUPS
- Weight Watchers
- Take Off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS)
- Slimming World -- UK
DIETING CENTERS/SUPPORT SERVICES
- Diet Center
- Jenny Craig
ONLINE DIET SUPPORT PROGRAMS
Mary Shomon, About.com's Thyroid Guide since 1997, is a nationally-known patient advocate and best-selling author of 10 books on health, including "The Thyroid Diet: Manage Your Metabolism for Lasting Weight Loss," "Living Well With Hypothyroidism: What Your Doctor Doesn't Tell You...That You Need to Know," "Living Well With Graves' Disease and Hyperthyroidism," "Living Well With Autoimmune Disease," "Living Well With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia," and the "Thyroid Guide to Fertility, Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Success." Click here for more information on Mary Shomon.