- Patients need to realize all of their treatment options, including alternative medicine. They also need to understand that GD runs its own course and spontaneously resolves in up to 25% of patients each year.
- A key goal of Moore is to address the long-term consequences of Graves' disease, particulary the concerns of people who have never addressed the underlying immune disturbance responsible for Graves' disease.
- Moore explains how the book is unique, compared to other books about Graves.
- Moore talks about why she recommends researching treatment options instead of rushing into having radioiodine.
- Moore offers a preview of alternative topics discussed in the book, including homeopathy, herbal medicine, energy healing, stress reduction techniques, dietary changes, strong solution of saturated iodine (SSKI or Lugol's solution), craniosacral therapy, Ayurveda, traditional Chinese medicine, Kampo, acupuncture, yoga and tai chi.
Read the complete interview with Elaine Moore now
Graves' Disease: A Practical Guide, by Elaine A. Moore with Lisa Moore, ISBN: 0-7864-1011-6, was published by McFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers, in 2001, and is available from local and online bookstores.