Karta Purkh Singh Khalsa, known as K.P. Khalsa, is one of the world's premier herbalists. As a member of the American Herbalists Guild, with more than 25 years of experience with medicinal herbs and natural healing, he represents one of the most astute and innovative experts on the subject of herbal medicine in America.
Khalsa is the co-author of the immensely respected book Herbal Defense and one of the worlds premier herbalists. He has been a member of the American Herbalists Guild for over 25 years.
According to Khalsa, some key points about using herbal medicine re: thyroid disease:
- Khalsa believes one must identify what some of the general health triggers are that are allowing for the thyroid condition to take place
- the objective for any chronic disease such as thyroid disease is to provide overall support of the immune system and to the targeted organ using herbal medicine
- Yoga exercises such as shoulderstands and neck rotation/extensions are all classic help for your thyroid
- trying to pick your own herbs and self-treat autoimmune disease is tricky says Khalsa
- solving chronic endocrine dysregulation is doable, but there is a need for assessment and treatment by an expert practitioner in herbalism
- you should see a practitioner at least once or twice a week
For more information about Khalsa, visit his website: www.kpkhalsa.com