The Thyroid Diet Revolution outlines practical ways to cope with thyroid problems, balance hormones, raise metabolism, and ensure that thyroid problems don't get in the way of successful weight loss.
Undiagnosed or poorly treated thyroid problems slow metabolism and destabilize hormones and can make it difficult to lose weight, and some people actually gain weight on fewer calories .
For undiagnosed thyroid patients, diagnosis and proper treatment may be all that's needed to successfully restore hormone levels and metabolism to normal and begin to lose weight.
The Thyroid Diet Revolution features a detailed "Symptoms Checklist" along with step-by-step detailed guidelines on how to get properly diagnosed and treated. The book also explains:
- why the majority of the almost 60 million Americans with thyroid problems haven't been diagnosed
- the 3 common physical signs common with undiagnosed thyroid problems
- why doctors aren't likely to test for this common diet saboteur, and what readers can do
- why frequent "mini-meals" may be the WORST thing for weight loss efforts
- a common-sense look at non-surgical weight-loss treatments, plus the latest on weight loss drugs and surgery
- new and updated information on the latest supplements, herbs, and vitamins that enhance metabolism, improve energy, balance hormones, control blood sugar, and promote weight loss
- customized exercise approaches from fitness expert and T-Tapp founder Teresa Tapp, that help fit fitness into regular daily activity, build muscle, and raise metabolism -- without fatigue.
- reviews and recommendations of the best commercial diet programs for thyroid patients
- expert mind-body metabolism tips, incorporating the latest in nutritional psychology and neuroendocrinology, to rewire the brain for controlling appetite, balancing hormones, and raising metabolism, along with an integrated diet
More information on The Thyroid Diet Revolution is featured at the book's website, www.thyroiddietrevolution.com.
Photo: Mary Shomon