1. Health

Mary Shomon

Fifteen Ways to Fight Heel Pain

By October 21, 2004

Heel pain -- known as plantar fasciitis, is more common in people with thyroid conditions. If you have plantar fasciitis -- and you'll know because you will likely have a sharp pain in your heel when you first step down in the morning, or after you've been sitting for a while... Podiatrist Christine Dobrowolski tackles this issue with 15 steps to help.

Fifteen Ways to Fight Heel Pain
By Christine Dobrowolski, DPM

There are many different causes of heel pain, but the most common cause is plantar fasciitis (plan * tar fash* ee * I * tis). If you experience a sharp pain in your heel when you first step down in the morning, it is most likely due to plantar fasciitis. This problem is a result of excess stress through a long ligament type structure (the plantar fascia) in the bottom of the foot. The excess stress causes tearing and results in inflammation and pain. The classic symptoms are pain in the heel at the first step in the morning, or upon rising after long periods of rest. Many will complain of a sharp pain in the heel when they step out of their car or after finishing their lunch break. Other individuals only experience heel pain at the end of the day or during certain types of activity like running, soccer or tennis. The pain may extend into the arch and feel achy at the end of the day.

Individuals develop plantar fasciitis for a variety of reasons. One of the most common reasons for the development of plantar fasciitis is wearing poor quality or worn out shoes. Another common reason is starting a new activity, such as walking or running, after a period of inactivity. Many active individuals develop plantar fasciitis after incorporating hills, stairs or uneven terrain into their training routine. A new job that requires standing all day or switching to a job with a harder surface, like cement floors, may contribute to it's development. Individuals with flatfeet or excess pronation (rolling in of the feet) may have a natural predisposition for plantar fasciitis. Regardless of how the problem started, the treatment is aimed at decreasing the stress on the arch and decreasing the inflammation.

1. Identify the cause: There is usually a reason for the development of plantar fasciitis, but since the condition is not typically associated with an acute injury it may be hard to remember. The pain may have gradually developed after starting a new training routine, changing the routine, running or walking on a new surface, switching shoes, wearing worn out shoes or starting a new job. Once the cause is identified, stop the activity or modify it.

2. Avoid aggravating activities: Going up and down stairs, walking or running on hills, squating, lifting heavy items and walking on uneven terrain all aggravate this condition. Try to decrease these by limiting the number of times you go up and down the stairs and avoiding hills. If you must squat down, keep the affected foot in front and flat on the ground. Do not lift or carry heavy items including your kids. Use a stroller or have your spouse, significant other or friend carry them.

3. Stop running or walking: Aerobic activity is important to maintain and cross training can help. Try biking or swimming. Most walkers hate the stationary bike at the gym, but remember this isn't forever. Don't drop your heel when you bike and try to avoid standing and hills if you cycle outdoors. If you participate in spin classes, you may need to modify the class to avoid further injury to the foot. The recumbent stationary bike may place excess stress through the arch because of the position. The classic stationary bike is more appropriate.

4. Use an ice massage: Freeze a sports water bottle or a juice can and place it on the floor. Roll your foot over the water bottle for at least 20 minutes twice a day. This helps decrease the inflammation in the foot while stretching out the arch.

5. Use a contrast bath: Icing helps decrease inflammation occurring within a 48-72 hour period. To help decrease chronic inflammation, try contrasting between ice and heat. Start with an ice pack on the heel and/or arch for 5 minutes. Switch to a heating pack or a hot water bath for 5 minutes. Alternate between the two for 20- 30 minutes 3-4 times a week. This may be more time consuming than the ice pack alone, but can bring considerable relief.

6. Roll a ball under your foot: Take a tennis ball, soft ball or even a rolling pin and roll your foot over it to help stretch out the plantar fascia. This can be done while watching TV or reading the paper. Rolling the foot over the tennis ball can also be done at work if you have a desk job or during a lunch break. (This should not cause pain. Don't continue if you have pain).

7. Stretch your calf in the morning: If you have pain in the morning upon waking, place a towel or a belt on your dresser. Before you get out of bed, wrap the towel or belt around the ball of your foot. By pulling the foot towards you and keeping your leg straight, you should feel a stretch in the back of the calf. This will also stretch the bottom of the foot. This is not time consuming or difficult to do, but it does require adjusting to a new routine.

8. Stretch your calf throughout the day: Spend about 5-10 minutes each evening stretching the calf as described above or with the runner's stretch. To really help keep the calf and the bottom of the foot stretched out, try and stretch for 30 seconds, 10 times a day.

9. Take anti-inflammatory medications: Anti-inflammatory medications, like naproxen or ibuprofen, will help decrease the inflammation that occurs in the fascia as a result of the tearing. You don't want to mask the pain with these medications. If you decrease the pain with the anti-inflammatory medications but continue to participate in an activity which causes tearing and inflammation of the plantar fascia, you are not healing. Continue resting, icing and stretching while you take the medications. Take the medication with food and stop taking the medication if you experience stomach discomfort.

10. Lose Weight: This is probably the last thing you wanted to hear. In fact, there is a good chance that you have gained some weight since the onset of your heel pain due to a decrease in activity. But, there is no way around the fact that increased weight on the body transmits to the feet. Increasing the stress on the plantar fascia can worsen plantar fasciitis, making it more difficult to treat. Eat smart and try to incorporate aerobic activity which decreases the impact on the feet.

11. Wear supportive shoes: This step may seem logical, but most individuals don't realize how many shoes lack support. A supportive shoe will only bend at the toes. Test all of your shoes and don't assume your running shoe is a supportive shoe. Take your shoe and flip it over. Grab the toe area and the heel and try to fold the shoe. If the shoe bends in half, then the shoe is not supportive. Don't go barefoot. Get up in the morning, do your stretch and then slip your feet in a supportive slipper or clog. See the American Podiatric Medical Association's (APMA) list of approved shoes at www.apma.org/ seal/sealaccategory.html.

12. Try anti-fatigue mats: These mats help to decrease the stress through the heel and add some shock absorption to the floor. The mats can be a great asset for employees who work on a hard surface. You may want to consider them for home if you spend many hours standing in a workshop or in the kitchen. See the APMA's list of approved anti-fatigue mats at www.apma.org/ seal/sealaccategory.html.

13. Strengthen the muscles in your feet: Place a thin towel on your kitchen floor. Place your foot over the base of the towel closest to you. Bring the towel towards you by curling the toes and gripping the towel as it slides under your foot. Place marbles on the floor and pick them up one by one with your toes and place them in a bowl.

14. Wear orthotics: Prefabricated orthotics are semi-rigid inserts that fit into the shoe to help control motion in your feet. Controlling abnormal motion in the feet can decrease the stress in the plantar fascia. Soft inserts available at the drug store may be comfortable, but they will not help control abnormal motion.

15. Try a night splint: A night splint holds the foot at 90 degrees while you sleep. This keeps the foot and the calf stretched out all night long. Night splints are an effective treatment, but can be quite uncomfortable. Some individuals have more luck with the sock night splints than with the rigid splints. These devices are available online, but may be covered by your insurance when dispensed by your doctor.

If your symptoms persist, see a podiatrist.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Christine Dobrowolski is a podiatrist and the author of Those Aching Feet: Your Guide to Diagnosis and Treatment of Common Foot Problems. To learn more about Dr. Dobrowolski and her book visit http://www.skipublishing.com/ ..

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com

Comments
April 6, 2007 at 7:47 am
(1) Karen says:

I have had to deal with this condition twice. Both times, a chiropractor, using an ultrasound device worked to alleviate the pain in a matter of a few weeks. If it occurs again, I won’t hesitate to go that route again.

April 6, 2007 at 8:40 am
(2) Patti says:

I dealt with this about 8 months ago. My doctor did not give me this much good information. He is a General Practitioner so maybe didn’t know about this but I’m going to send it to him. What really worked for me were “Z-Coil shoes”. The first day I wore them it was so much more comfortable to walk with my cane. The second day, I completely forgot the cane when I left in the morning. I have not taken them off since! If you decide to look into them they are well worth every penny! I never had to see a chiropractor or my doctor for it since. I hope this helps, I am sure that this article will give great relief as well. Thanks for sharing this information with us! Oh, and I also have Hypothyroidism so that was probably part of my issue, but it came about after I walked around the block at work in an old cheap pair of shoes on cement. I’ll never do that again!

April 7, 2007 at 6:05 pm
(3) Marcie says:

A very affective treatment for relieving heel pain is the releasing of activated trigger points. The most user-friendly book that explains how trigger points work and how to realease them is The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook by Clair Davies. I am a reflexologist who has used this book with great success for myself, my family and my clients. One of the best ways to spend $20.

April 19, 2007 at 12:15 am
(4) Beth says:

I have heel spurs in both feet, and PF in my left foot. I also am hypothyroid. I am also guilty of wearing flats and going barefoot most of the time! It has been so bad that I can hardly walk, and other times, not so bad. Good shoes are a MUST! I wear Reeboks, which is the only one which will support my foot without pronation (I am overweight too). A golf ball rolled under the arch area does help to stretch out that muscle – I’ve never tried a tennis ball, and can’t see that doing much good! I also have orthotic inserts, but lost them in our last move, so dealing with it as best I can. The store ones are too cheap to help! What DOES help is a good ol’ Ace bandage wrapped around my ankle for support. Walking for fun is a thing of the past though…

May 2, 2007 at 2:39 pm
(5) Torre says:

Why is PF more common in those of us with hypothyroidism? I was diagnosed two years ago, have been on Armour-like meds since then (“NatureThyroid”), feeling better, but PF started about two months ago. What is it about hypoth…that causes this heel pain?

September 19, 2007 at 8:31 am
(6) Irene says:

I hope someone can answer Torre’s question…

January 28, 2008 at 12:55 pm
(7) Jolene Shanahan says:

I was wondering if it would help my plantar fascilitis if I was to increase or decrease my leventhroid for my thyroid? jojo42088@saber.net

February 12, 2008 at 2:45 pm
(8) Sharon says:

I am so blown away. I just learned today that PF could be a sign of thyroid disease. I’ve had PF since 1999 and a host of other symptoms that all point to thyroid disease and not one doctor (including my podiatrist) ever put two and two together!

March 9, 2008 at 8:13 pm
(9) Meadow says:

I made the connection between my plantar fasciitis and my thyroid condition when I noticed that when my Armour was too low I experienced the heel pain and when it was increased the pain went away. I mentioned it to my Dr. and he was very surprised and said it was interesting that there was a connection and noted it in my records.

October 24, 2009 at 5:13 pm
(10) Mia says:

Can you please elaborate on why you believe thyroid conditions and heel pain is related?? Do you have any references or evidence of this link? I cannot find any further information out there linking these two conditions… yet I suffer from both and am trying to learn more. thank you

February 12, 2010 at 2:22 am
(11) John says:

i had to deal with this but i got i by parkour, i was doing a warmup wall run (going vertically up a wall) when i felt a massive strectch in my calves and then a giant pain in my heel. I shrugged it off and kept playing rugby and practicing parkour and it lasted 4 months so my advice……see a doctor

March 21, 2010 at 11:49 am
(12) Jody says:

I had the plantar fascia release surgery on january 22nd of this year 2010 on my left foot which has heel spurs and the plantar fascia i think the surgery was at least 80% successful i don’t have the pain i had before and can actually wallk on my foot normally but, i also had a great podiatrist.

May 26, 2010 at 12:15 am
(13) michele says:

i have recently begun having significant heel pain in my left foot. i am fairly overweight, i am a waitress and a massage therapist, so i spend quite a bit of time on my feet. part of what i’ve realized is that i tend to stand and walk heavily on my heels. it is important to remember to treat the whole body, not just the area in pain. stretching the feet and the calves will certainly help, but engaging in some form of pilates or yoga that both stretches and strenghtes will help correct the overall postural imbalances that are causing the problems in the first place.

August 10, 2010 at 10:00 am
(14) pinklady says:

i cannot believe it i am 23 years old and am having the same problem and I have hypothyrodism as well. I recently started taking levothyroxine, and have noticed the cramping in my body increase. I recently started walking 5 times a week and have lost 15 lbs! I do not plan on letting something like this get in my way. There def has to be a connection if anyone has any insight for me please let me know.

December 28, 2010 at 7:23 pm
(15) Jenny says:

I tried all the classic treatments for plantar fasciitis and none of them helped. I used the night splint. I wore orthotics. I did all the stretches. I iced it. I stayed off it. Nothing worked. I could hardly stand for more than 5 or 10 minutes before I was in pain, and in the mornings I sometimes crawled to the bathroom.

Then my doctor increased my thyoid medicine and it got a little better, but I didn’t make the connection until I missed a couple days of thyroid medication and wow was I in agony! Then I checked the internet and other people had also found that plantar fasciitis was a symptom of low (hypo) thyroid.

I talked to my doctor and she upped my thyroid dose another 10% and all the pain went away. Not just some of it. All of it. It’s been gone for 9 months now and I run, hike, ski and play with my children absolutely pain free.

Before you waste tons of money on expensive braces, orthotics, and even surgery, have your doctor check your thyroid levels. Even if you’re on the lower end of the normal range, try taking enough thyoid medicine to get you up to the middle of the normal range and see if it doesn’t make a difference. It changed my life.

June 8, 2011 at 1:17 pm
(16) Darla says:

Get a bottle of colloidal minerals and soak your feet in it for several days. You should be able to find this at a natural food store. Make sure your feet are clean because you could re-use the colloidal minerals for several days after pouring it back in the bottle and placing it in the fridge. It worked for my heel spurs and foot pain. I had a friend that tried it after going to several doctors and trying several remedies, including getting a painful injection of cortisone or something or other into the heel that didn’t work. Try colloidal minerals. It’ll cost about $20 for a bottle.

October 13, 2011 at 10:01 pm
(17) Arjun rai says:

I have been suffering from my heel pains since two consecutive days. I don’t have such pains before. Although i have 2 walk mostly whole day during work. And i have had just leg pains because of too much of walk. But this time i have heel pains and i can barely walk normal. And i only feel it extreme paining while I’m walking not while I’m resting. I just measured my weight day before yesterday and my weight went up to 58 kg. Before it was 55-56 kg. I was thinking if my increased weight causes that. But one of my friend from medical field told me that isn’t the cause of that heel pains. He advised me 2 see it 2 more of days and if still the same then i should go for a checkup. Is there anybody to help me out for such pains or any good advise will do me a favor. I’ll b grateful to u….:)

July 9, 2012 at 10:47 am
(18) diane says:

ive had plantar fasciitis for the last year, its very very bad after my shift at work as i work in a shop so on my feet the whole shift, i cant walk when i get home i just crawl around the house. ive got the orthic insoles now and good shoes but still in a lot of pain, the chiropadist i saw said that it will last for around 18months. i also have an underactive thyroid

August 1, 2012 at 1:47 am
(19) maria says:

I also missed 3 pills on my thyroid and started having pain in my legs and when that finally went away my heels started and is most painful first thing in the morning ? there has to be a connection with thyriod and this ?my endrocrinoligist thing no it can t be because of the thyroid but this happened 2 years ago when I was on synthroid and I stopped taking that for a month the pain in my legs and feet was unbearable !!! and the doctors don’t listen wtf!!! very fustrated!!

October 18, 2012 at 11:25 pm
(20) TONI says:

I strongly disagree with claims spin classes may need to cut back! Spin is 100% the best workout for you! I believe it also helps to reduce the pain loNguyen term!

October 20, 2012 at 1:58 pm
(21) viju says:

I am also suffering from the heel pain for quite some time now. I also have hypo thyroid and have been under medication for 5 years now – Levothyroxine 75 or 100. apart from all the exercises mentioned, is there anything we can do? Walking for long distances is now not recommended for the heel pain. What do we do, the more so that the hypo thyroid increases your weight. Any comments.

December 7, 2012 at 12:03 pm
(22) plantar fasciitis secrets revealed ebook says:

Howdy! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a group of volunteers and starting a new project in a community in the same
niche. Your blog provided us useful information to work on.

You have done a outstanding job!

January 28, 2013 at 8:25 am
(23) Sally2 says:

I am Hypothyroid and have been deally with PF and other hypo symptoms since being on 100mcg of Levothyroxine .
Recently I had my doc up my Levothyroxine from 100mcg to 112mcg and day three on the 112mcg my PF is going away. After three months trying all the remedies and nothing worked I do belive PF is a symptom of Hypothyroid.

March 1, 2013 at 2:07 am
(24) Lisa says:

I am noticing almost everyone with PF also has a thyroid problem. They are trying to connect the two and while this maybe true, I have also notied most of the people saying this is over weight. So could it be a weight issue on the feet rather than Thyroid. I don’t know… it’s just a thought. Are there any skinny people on here with PF that also has Thyroid problems ? I am 5’3” and about 230. My problem actually started while working at Kmart as a cashier and my feet were killing me. I was almost in tears. Well moving them around trying to get them to stop I stretched my foot and I felt a tearing feeling. And every since then I’ve had extreme pain in my heels. Mornings is bad and after a day of shopping is bad. If I do extra cleaning around the house it gets bad. I was also diagnosed with Thyroid around this same time, however I had just become over weight around a year before both of these so I just don’t know. I was always skinny before. Like 105-115 pounds skinny :( anyway… Just a thought it could be fat rather than thyroid or maybe even both. Idk…

March 1, 2013 at 4:14 pm
(25) Kim G. says:

Thanks to Mary for tweeting this page. I have been HypoT for 27 years. I had a hysterectomy in ’08. I got PF shortly after in both feet. But I didn’t know that is what it was. After a year of pain I finally went to the doc. I said it started right after hysterectomy. Nope, no connection. I went to a foot doc. Nope no connection. I have had been dealing with the pain for 4.5 years. I am on bioidentical hormones as of 1/13. The pain is finally almost gone. Who knew? So I had been right all along. But it wasn’t just the thyroid hormone it is all of them for me. Luckily I didn’t go thru with the surgery last summer. Thanks Mary, I am seeing a lot of illnesses over the years related to HT.

March 18, 2013 at 9:58 am
(26) Dial says:

Great article. I’ve had PF 4 times in the last 25 years. One severe episode lasted almost three years and my podiatrist gave up on me. But by wearing joggers and orthotics constantly, stretching and doing most of the advice above, I eventually overcame it.

I have no thyroid problems, just over pronation and excess weight. My PF started each time with poor footwear, or too much strain on my feet. I made the problem worse by thinking that exercise made it better, instead of rest. My present problem is a combination of putting on weight whilst my other ankle was sprained, walking all day in new shoes, standing and walking (treadmill) whilst computing and starting water aerobics classes. Everyone has my sympathy, the pain is awful, you feel frustrated, old and grumpy. The advice above is terrific and I’ll stick with it.

April 29, 2013 at 2:58 pm
(27) Michele says:

T answer the question about it being a weight issue…..I’m 5’2 & 120 lbs. currently in the best shape of my life, yet 3 months ago began to feel the symptoms of of after moving homes. I’ve been diagnosed with hypothyroid for close to 3 years now. I sure wish the actual connection between thyroid & of could be determined?

June 1, 2013 at 1:54 pm
(28) barrie downborough says:

hello i have had severe heel pain for 5 years 4 months now every day i used to walk 8 miles per day but now its crippling me and on a pain threshold scale its 10 and no lower than 8 its so bad i want my leg off and i dont say that lightly i am now beat has what to now do . the thing is you cant see pain so people dont know your in this pain any comments out there will be welcome thankyou from barrie downborough .the web site is very good but my heel pain is broken fragments of bones not plantir fasiciiatus .

July 23, 2013 at 12:45 pm
(29) momma lisa says:

I don’t even know where to start……..I have PF, I have hypothyroid, and I am over weight. I suspect that I have also become depressed over this situation. I need to lose weight but am unable to walk. I have a 7 year old that I have never been able to run and play with. Nothing helps, I just sit with them up in the air to help alieviate swelling that is in my feet and legs and my weight just keeps going up and up. Sometimes my heel hurts so bad I just want to die and get it over with.

August 8, 2013 at 8:41 pm
(30) Tim says:

I have had PF for years and have tried all the exercises and freeze bottles and nothing has proven effective. The orthopedic doctor said I needed surgery to correct the problem. In a last effort to relieve the pain, I bought a pair of Z- coil shoes. My feet have never felt better. It’s the only shoes I will wear. They come in steel toed, tennis, and even sandals. Best investment I ever made. It’s the shoe with the spring on the heel.

August 22, 2013 at 11:58 am
(31) Kelly says:

PLEASE PEOPLE — NOTE THAT THOSE WHO AREN’T EXPERIENCING RELIEF ARE PROBABLY TAKING SYNTHETIC THYROID HORMONE (just T4) instead of natural desiccated thyroid, which contains both T4 and T3.

YOU NEED BOTH T4 and T3…you need natural thyroid hormone.

September 18, 2013 at 1:02 pm
(32) Theodore says:

Great beat ! I would like to pprentice wwhile you amend your
website, how could i subscribe for a blog web site? The account aided me a acceptable deal.

I hadd been a little biit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear concept

September 22, 2013 at 10:48 pm
(33) Carleen says:

I am 48, 5′ 3″, hypothyroidism also. I recently moved from CT to FL, where I have increased my walking considerably. I am 133 lbs and noticed I am getting heel pain in th morning and after sitting for long periods of time. I just found this article and do believe there is a connection because I had been skipping my levothyroxine and liothyronine here and there lately and may even need a higher dose. I an getting labs one next week so I will see if there is a connection for me if I get regulated on my doses.

October 15, 2013 at 1:57 pm
(34) Luce says:

At 5’7″ and 126lbs, 48yrs old, I have had 2 lots of cheilectomy bone surgery on both big toes, 5 years apart after being told it was my lifelong running that had caused it, then I didn’t run. Then I got depressed. Then I read a book called Born to Run by Christopher McDougall – most of our foot injuries are caused by our footwear, we should never have been running in shoes with a heel (jogging” was invented by a training shoe manufacturer causing us to heel strike in our new training shoes). Since reading book I have invested in barefoot running shoes and go barefoot whenever possible. I used to be a UK5 but went to a 7 but since going barefoot as much as possible and adjusting my running style my feet went back to a UK 5 and I also did a 15 mile run across shingle for the first time in 8 years – and now have heel pain. It was totally my fault, too much too soon but because my toes ddnt hurt I went for it. It’s getting better but my point is it is not your feet, it’s your footwear. Less is more, and you must learn to strike with the ball of your foot, lightly, even when walking – that is what your foot is designed to do. The heel was never designed to take the weight, just look at the foot design – and kick your shoes off – stand tall, head up and knees soft. Trust me it works

October 21, 2013 at 7:59 pm
(35) Tina says:

Help! I’ve suffered so bad for 4 years w PF….. Just learned I’m hypothyroid/hashimotos. Started armour thyroid two moths ago, but I can only handle one 60 mg a day….. Any ideas how long it took any of you to feel better? DESPERATE!

January 25, 2014 at 12:32 am
(36) Karen y says:

I have been suffering with pf in both feet for 6 yrs now. I have gotten cortisone shots. Iced them , heat on them, shoe orthotics, night time splints, soked them, stretches, 1,000 dollars worth of different shoes and just got topaz surgery done on the right foot. Nothing has worked I’m also at the point of wanting to amputate booth my feet or make a vet appointment and put me to sleep. I noticed mine started when I gained about 30 lbs. I have also lost 30lbs and still have the pain. It didn’t seem to be as bad after I lost the wait put still very painful. I’m going to see my dr again Monday I will mention about the possible connection of thyroid problem. Suppose to have second surgery for left foot. That not happen until I do more research on the thyroid. I will get back with you all on the results. Thank you so much for the additional info. My mother also has had pf and she has a thyroid condition. Interesting

January 25, 2014 at 5:30 am
(37) Susan says:

The article was extremely informative and after researching this condition (plantar fasciitis) for weeks, this was the first one that addressed the connection between hypothyroid and the heel/foot pain. Amazing!
I have been taking synthroid for many years, but my doctor is satisfied with a dosage that keeps me just in the low/normal range. I’ll be sharing all this info with him for sure.
The heel pain became much more severe after I started Yoga, but I’m guilty of not wearing proper supportive footwear for many years due to a broken toe and several other chronic foot problems.
Thank you so much for the article and all the comments and additional suggestions. This is one of the most painful conditions (w/the exception of childbirth) I’ve ever experienced!

March 29, 2014 at 8:47 pm
(38) marta says:

I have suffered for years with this plantar fasciitis and heel pain. Doing all things mentioned above. Also I have the thyroid issue. Just about 6 weeks ago I had a conversation with a local chef that has had fallen arches for years and needed to be on her feet, shared with me that she used about 2-3 inches wide of the heaviest medical tape (thickest cloth sticky tape) on her foot from below her toes to wrap up about 1 and 1/2 inches up her heel, then another small tape from the ball of her foot covering her arch. I’m thinking what do I have to loose. Next day I tape my feet in the similar manner and YES, for sure relief. Now nothing has changed I still have all that. Just can stand it now walking and working. I must say I’m so relieved but…heel pain can still creep in but not near as bad. I would be pleased to know if this may help others.

May 17, 2014 at 3:29 pm
(39) Elijah Cooperwood says:

Brilliant. What an excellent web-site!

May 21, 2014 at 11:09 am
(40) _____ says:

In this case, pressure is usually felt mostly
in the lumbar area (lower back) and over time, this will result in excruciating pain. Likewise, where you have your computer monitor, the
height of your keyboard and your arm placement will cause neck and shoulder
pain. This is an important distinction because it is the underlying diagnosis (vs.

Have a look at my page – <a href=”http://www.instructables.com/member/maggieuwnuzd/”>_____</a>